Collagen induction therapy or CIT involves a range of procedures like micro-needling, derma rolling, or skin needling. It is a procedure in cosmetology that involves making small abrasions on the skin with tiny needles to enhance the skin’s natural collagen production.
The treatment is used for a number of skin issues like scarring and acne. When combined with minoxidil, it also proves effective against hair loss. It is minimally invasive and non-surgical with benefits that are on par with surgical procedures. The micro-channels created by the needles trigger collagen and elastin. Through neovascularization and neocollagenesis, skin texture and firmness are improved.
Collagen Induction Therapy in Delhi Process
- The dermatologist inspects the skin and determines the extent of treatment required
- The appropriate CIT method is chosen, for example, micro-needling or derma rolling
- The sterilized needles are rolled over the skin to create small punctures.
- Sometimes, the doctor applies over the top products on top of these holes for enhanced product absorption
Post-Recommendations for Collagen Induction Therapy
Post-treatment for Collagen Induction Therapy is very essential. There are a whole bunch of procedures to be done in the first month after the treatment.
- Prevent excessive irritation by using soothing creams.
- Avoid getting out in too much sun as it can cause so much damage.
- Keep hydrating your skin and drink enough water.
- Do not use heavy medications that might cause side effects.
- Sleep well as the skin heals the best in sleep.
- Do not use excessive cosmetics on your skin.
- Keep in check with your doctor if you notice anything adverse.
Side Effects of Collagen Induction Therapy
Side effects are inevitable even if the procedure is as simple as a facial. If your skin is sensitive, then you might have it harder than others.
- The abrasion can be hard on your skin and can cause bruising
- The skin can bleed because of the punctures
- Unsanitized needles can lead to infection
- The skin can appear red for a while after the treatment
- The skin can also feel irritable for a period after the treatment
- Skin can itch and you may want to scratch it
- This result in flaky and dry skin
Benefits of Collagen Induction Therapy
- it helps in the generation of new skin cells
- help in reducing acne scars
- helps in rejuvenating the skin from the inside
- help skin to get a youthful glow
- Totally repair the skin from the inside
- helps in the building of new collagen
- it is suitable for all skin types from all ethnicity