We’ve all faced stretch marks at one time or another. While most women are left with stretch marks post pregnancy, you may have faced them earlier due to weight changes (sudden weight loss or gain). Stretch marks are also due to hormonal changes in the system or sometimes caused due to hereditary reasons.
So what are they, exactly? Stretch marks are actually scars caused by tearing of the elastin and collagen fibres due to hormonal changes. While body massages and emollient based creams (like cocoa butter) help prevent purplish stretch marks, we at ISAAC Luxe customise your treatment to treat more stubborn stretch marks for good!
- Red or purplish stretch marks: If you’ve just started to gain or lose weight, you may see red or purplish hued stretch marks. At this point in the life cycle of a stretch mark, they are called striae rubra. These are easier to treat with topical creams with the help of a dermatologist.
- Silver stretch marks: At this point, they are known as striae alba. These have been around for a while and are harder to treat topically. You can fade their appearance by up to 60-70%.
If opting for laser treatment, you may experience warmth followed by redness during the procedure. In case of PRP, there maybe minor swelling which will subside in a few days. For both treatments, your doctor will prescribe OTC gels and medicines to ensure a comfortable experience.
Highlights of Stretch Marks Treatment
Painless & No Side-effect
Safe and clinically approved
Best suitable for all skin types
Noticeable Change after 1 session
Not just good to stimulate hair growth, platelet rich plasma (better known as PRP) is also proven beneficial to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Again, we inject plasma on to stretch marks with the help of micro needles. This helps in the regeneration of collagen and elastin thereby reducing the appearance of stretch marks. The most common areas to get stretch marks are Abdomen, Back, Waist, Hips, Thighs.
ISAAC Luxe (International Skin & Anti-Aging Centre) is an aesthetic clinic situated in the heart of Delhi, Vasant Vihar founded by a cosmetic dermatologist, Dr. Geetika Mittal Gupta
- Session Duration: 30-45 min
- Session Required: 4-6
- Gap between Sessions: 25 Days
- Full Recovery: Immediate/2 days
- Result: 4-6 Months