What is Melasma?
Blue or grey-brown patches usually found on the face are commonly known as melasma is one of the most common worries of expecting or new mothers. There are several treatments but experts believe that laser treatment is best to eliminate Melasma, as it works instantly and has proven results. Know more about melasma treatment at ISAAC Luxe in Delhi.
How It Works
- After a thorough medical work up and skin check, your dermatologist will customise your treatment which could be a combination of laser therapy or peels along with topical creams like hydroquinone in liquid, cream or gel format.
- Laser toning: This treatments can effectively correct skin pigmentation, whether they’re at the surface or deep in the dermal layers. Laser toning is performed using non-ablative lasers, which triggers a natural response in the body to produce more collagen and elastin.
- Lasers have been tried in the treatment of various pigmentary disorders with variable success. Depending on the consult, we will use a combination of chemical peels and laser therapy like Gentle YAG that fades skin discolourations. There are considerably noticeable differences in 2-6 sessions.
- Plasma Rich Therapy (PRP) is a process in which we use the skin’s own growth factors to reduce pigmentation, add skin volume with time.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- In order to avoid melasma, be regular with your sunscreen. Be vigilant with a sunblock (a physical sunscreen with a whitish appearance) or a chemical sunscreen with mexoryl. Apply it 30 minutes prior to stepping out in the sun.
- Use Vitamin C based lotions and creams to stimulate collagen every now and then. Follow it up with sunscreen.
- If your skin is prone to acne, make most of Clindamycin, recommended by dermatologists.