It’s critical to get the proper pre-hair transplant care before undergoing a hair transplant procedure. This will guarantee that the operation goes smoothly, and the patient does not experience any suffering throughout the process. One must follow these instructions ten days prior to the surgery:
- Aspirin, Advil, anti-inflammatory medicines, and painkillers, as well as vitamins B and E, blood thinners, and herbal treatments are all to be avoided.
- The patient must also avoid using any steroids or cortisone lotions to minimize the likelihood of bleeding during the operation.
- Alcohol and smoking are both forbidden.
The hair transplant care instructions on the day before surgery include the following::
- The patient must get enough sleep.
- Hair spray, gel, or any other styling product should be avoided.
- It’s also critical to take any medications prescribed by your doctor.
The patient must take their medicine as prescribed before arriving at the hair transplant clinic in Delhi on the day of surgery. Because it will most likely be cut off after the operation, they should bring an old shirt with them. It is preferable to carry a button-up shirt in case they wish to wear it afterward. On the day of the hair transplant, you must wash the scalp with a mild shampoo.
- Have a light meal before going to bed. Avoid drinking too much coffee.
- Wigs, hair clips, and hair styling products should all be avoided.
- You should not exercise, run, or engage in any other rigorous activity.
The physician will begin the hair transplant procedure by putting the patient to sleep in specific regions of his scalp where he is having issues with hair loss and baldness. If it’s a follicular unit extraction, the doctor will remove healthy scalp hairs and transplant them into bald areas. This procedure generally takes many sessions spread out over two to four hours each.
The doctor will remove a few inches of the skin graft from the donor region, cut them into tiny sections, and extract hair follicles from these segments in the case of a Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT). They’ll then implant these follicles into recipient skin incisions that take about 4 to 6 hours to heal.
After a hair transplant, as with any other surgical operation, it is critical to follow all necessary precautions after the procedure and maintain good care afterward. For a few days following a hair transplant, you are likely to have scalp discomfort. The doctor will usually give pain medications, as well as antibiotics and anti-inflammatory tablets. It’s also vital not to tamper with the recipient region, follow the instructions for proper hair transplant treatment in Delhi, and take the medicines as prescribed.
After the surgery, the patient will have to keep his or her incision line and surgical region clean for at least a day with bandages. To avoid swelling, remove the garment or head-wrap with scissors on the following day.
A bath and cleaning of the donor area are given after the operation for two days. On this day, the patient should pour water over the recipient as well as the donor region several times to clean it. It’s also a good idea not to dry your hair with a towel.
On the second day, the recipient region should be washed twice a day with a mild, antimicrobial shampoo and conditioner. This is an essential stage in hair transplant treatment, ensuring that scalp flakes and crust are removed and do not spread infection.
The following are some of the essential post-hair transplant care instructions:
- Avoid drinking, smoking, and pain medications.
- Do not exercise or participate in other vigorous activities for at least two weeks after surgery.
When it comes to rest, you must also use caution after a hair transplant. To keep the transplant in good condition, the head should be elevated when sleeping. The patient may utilize several pillows or a towel to elevate their head for this purpose. Furthermore, only the shampoo, conditioner, and latitude prescribed by your doctor should be used for at least two weeks after the procedure. Furthermore, for the next three weeks, you should avoid heat and sunlight. It is also not advised to swim during this time period.
Who should opt for hair transplantation?
Hair transplants are ideal for people between the ages of 21 and 60. The treatment is highly individualized, depending on a number of factors such as the patient’s age, scalp condition, general health, hair texture, and density, and so on.
If you or someone you know is suffering from any of the following symptoms and ailments, hair transplantation may be the perfect solution:
- Male pattern baldness has been identified in males.
- Someone who has lost their hair as a result of a scalp or burn, for example.
- A hair problem that is compatible with a hair transplantation procedure
- A person with a well-defined area or pattern of baldness on the crown, as well as healthy hair development and coverage on the sides.