IPL therapy is Intense Pulsed Light therapy. It is used to treat wrinkles, spots and unwanted hair growth on skin. It removes age spots, cures sun damage, and removes unwanted freckles. People also seek the treatment to remove birthmarks. It has also proven effective against varicose veins. It fixes broken blood vessels on your face. People with skin rosacea can also avail this treatment. If you are looking for an enhanced hair removal procedure to remove hair on your face, neck, back, chest, legs, underarms or bikini line, then this is the treatment for you.
IPL Therapy in Delhi Process
- The dermatologist cleans the area of the skin that is to be treated.
- A cool gel is then rubbed on your skin
- Light pulses from the IPL device is applied on the skin while the patient wears dark glasses for protection
- The treatment takes about 20 to 30 minutes and has to be repeated 6 to 12 times.
Post-Recommendations for IPL Therapy
The treatment takes effect after performing it 3 to 6 times but in that gap, the patient must take good care of their skin.
- You can get back to your regular activities immediately
- The treated area will be red and feel like a sunburn so apply some cooling gel
- The skin will be sensitive so avoid products with harsh chemicals
- Do not run or scrub the skin aggressively
- Avoid using hot water until the skin heals
- Drink 8 glasses of water everyday
- Get good sleep as the skin repairs while you are asleep
Side Effects of IPL Therapy
There are both pros and cons to IPL treatment. But the cons are very rare since this is treatment is performed on the top layer of the skin
- The intense light can cause bruising
- For people with low pain tolerance, it can be quite painful
- It can cause skin blistering
- In some people eit can cause a change in the skin colour
- It may lead to skin infection
- The treatment has to be performed 6 to 12 times for visible results.
- It does not work well on dark skin and light hair.
Benefits of IPL Therapy
The benefits of IPL treatment are slow but efficient. It is used for a number of beauty plus health issues.
- It is used to get rid of aging spots
- It is used to treat unwanted hair on the body
- It only works on the top layer of your skin and thus fewer side-effects
- The recovery period is very fast
- Each session lasts for 20 to 30 minutes
- It is used to treat varicose veins
- It is also used to fix broken blood vessels on your face